Friday, August 9, 2013

Sheets to curtains

A while back, I found a cute sheet set on clearance at one of my favorite places, Target.  The colors and pattern were just what I was looking for to go in the music room.

Well, the sheets sat there for days weeks months before I finally decided to turn them into curtains for the music room.  I only bought a twin set, so the curtain panels came out kind of skinny and are more just for "show."  I simply cut the flat sheet into 3 equal sections and used iron on hem tape for the hem.  I'm a cheater.  I pretty much only know how to sew a button.  The hem tape seemed to work just fine for this project though.


For around $2.33 per panel, I don't think they look too bad.  I also found the rods on clearance at BB&B for $10.



Instead of having 4 super skinny panels, I just decided to create 3.  So now there is simply a single panel on the smaller window.  Maybe if I get real ambitious and decide I need another panel on this window, I'll see what I can do with the fitted sheet....but that's a big maybe.


Oh, and here is a little "before" and "after:"




I'd still love to paint the walls a nice gray....one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment