Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hello again

Wow.  It's been a long time.  Nearly a year since the last post.  Well, much has happened at the Martin House in the past several months.  Don't worry, I won't  bombard you with all the details at once, but just thought I'd share a little kitchen update we recently finished.

Our kitchen has been a long process.  We have gradually added updates as time and funds allowed.  It is almost how we would like it, but it seems like new ideas pop up all the time.  And when are you ever really "finished" with a project when you own a house.

This last project included painting the walls (finally!!!!) and installing new cabinets.


Also, since I last posted our kitchen pictures, we have added brand new stainless steel appliances.  We found a great deal and are in love!


We decided to add cabinets above our peninsula for more storage.  I have always wanted to have some glass front cabinets in my kitchen and my wonderful Drew Babe decided it would be a good idea with this project.  He routed out the panel in the center of the cabinet doors, so there would be a place for the glass to rest.  A glass shop cut and installed the glass.  While seeded glass was my first choice, we just couldn't justify spending the $60/sqft, as opposed to the $6/sqft for the clear glass.

I am loving the glass front cabinets to display my white dishes.



I have been dying to repaint the kitchen for a long while.  We went with a Sherwin Williams color called Ancient Marble in a satin finish.  It is a grayish-sage-green color.  Drew says it looks a lot more "mature."  I guess we are growing up ;)


Drew Babe also beautifully installed a beaded board backsplash under the cabinets.  I swear he can really do anything.  All of the crazy ideas I come up with for house projects, he can always figure them out and complete them.  Poor guy, his honey-do-list is really never-ending.


Now for a little "before" and "after."

Before:



After:



Before:


After:


Like I said there are still a couple things we would like to do in the kitchen, such as install new lights (maybe recessed lighting Drew Babe?;), paint the kitchen table, or possibly install a new built-in breakfast nook bench/table, and add some wall art.  As of right now we are definitely enjoying our newest update.

Next big project at the Martin House: the nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment