So today, March 4th, we are actually celebrating two things. Of course, Jaxson is turning 4 months, but also one year and one day ago, we found out about our little guy with a positive test. A year ago, we were overwhelmed with gratefulness to the Lord for blessing us yet again with a baby, and couldn't stop imaging what our life would be like when he/she arrived. Well, now we are still overwhelmed with that same gratefulness, and thank the Lord that we get to live every day with our baby boy as a part of our family.
Here's to 4 months Bubby!
Your monthly highlights:
- You have a doctor's appointment coming up where we will find out your exact height and weight, but I'm thinking you are at least 15 pounds by now. I just love your chunky thighs and your belly rolls.
- Your wardrobe is all 3-6 month stuff, but I have noticed some of the 6 month sleepers are getting a bit too short.
- Continuing to lighten up, your hair is almost the same color as mama's, and your eyes are such a pretty blue.
- As far as sleeping through the night, you are not doing so well. But that's ok. You give us about one 4-5 hour stretch and then wake up every 2-3 hours to eat or be soothed. You have gotten very good at going to bed and taking naps, so that makes up for your 2am wake-ups. We usually start your bedtime routine around 8pm, and then you go to sleep by 8:30pm. You still love to sleep on your side.
- The floor gym at our house is becoming kind of boring to you, but you love the new one that Mi-mi bought you. You have started grabbing things, so now you can hold toys and love to put them in your mouth.
- You enjoy tummy time much more now and can easily roll from tummy to back. You have been trying hard to roll from back to tummy, and can do it with a little help. Standing up, with help, is definitely one of your favorite things to do.
- You are still a little chatter box, although we have noticed it takes you a little while to warm up around new people and places. Once you feel comfortable you start talking up a storm.
- We love seeing you smile and love hearing your little laugh, which has become a more regular occurrence.