Monday, December 26, 2011

A Day Late

And a dollar short?  I think I can still say "Merry Christmas" on December 26th.  Drew and I both had a wonderfully busy Christmas day filled with lots of paper-tearin', food eatin', and family gatherin'.  Sorry, didn't mean to go all country-twang on you there.
The Christmas festivities started for Drew Babe and I at my parents house with a relaxing and tasty Christmas eve dinner.
My way cool sister (Kara) and I have an annual December 24th tradition of taking a picture together by the dining room table.

My mom always has the most beautiful table settings.  This year my mom went with a winter white and sparkly silver theme.  In the center she mixed various vases/trees/candle holders, all made of mercury glass, with fresh evergreen and holly tree greenery.  The mercury glass adds a lovely vintage-y glow to the setting.  Another Christmas eve dinner treat is the opportunity to be able to use my mom's festive Cuthbertson Christmas china.



The yearly family picture by the tree (really the only thing you see of the tree is on top of Connor's head, the star, ha).  Drew Babe got to be a part of our family photo this year too!

Our first Christmas photo at our house.

We successfully stuffed and hid each other's stockings so each of us were surprised with all of the little trinkets that filled them.


Ok, let me explain this....Drew Babe had stuck all of these pictures in my stocking and had me open them up one by one.  He used these to slowly give me a hint of a surprise trip that he had planned.  Can you figure it out?

How about now?

This should give it away.  Come on, New York Jets?
Yep, that's right, Drew Babe planned a trip to the marvelous city of NYC!  It has always been a dream of mine to visit the Big Apple someday and now I can't wait to go with my Drew Babe.  So excited!

My super cute little sis.

Christmas evening paper tearin' back at my parents house.
Just a few more details to help fill in the gaps:  We had Christmas Eve dinner at my parents and then headed to our church for the candlelight service.  Drew's parents met us there and afterwards, joined us back at my parents house for Christmas Eve hors d'oevures and cookies.  Drew Babe and I spent early Christmas morning opening our overstuffed stockings.  After stockings, we headed out to Drew Babe's parent's house for the famous breakfast casserole, made by Drew's mom, and a fun family paper tearin'.  After a quick nap and shower we made our way back to my parents for the final gift opening of the day.  It was truly a fun-filled day and we both feel so blessed to have much of our family nearby to celebrate with.
Perfect 1st Christmas as Mr. and Mrs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment